"One of Us and The Other"
• Notable: Best American Essays, 2023
• Nomination: The Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy, 2023
• First Place: CRAFT Short Fiction Prize, 2022
• Finalist: Pleiades Kinder-Crump Prize for Short Fiction, 2021
• Finalist: Solstice Literary Contest, Nonfiction, 2022
• Finalist: Lascaux Prize in Flash Fiction, 2021
"The Suicide Hotline Voice Says My Feelings are Normal"
• Pushcart Prize Nomination, 2021 by Sweet: A Literary Confection
• First Place: Sweet Flash Essay Contest
"A Tough New Policy at the Food Pantry"
• Shortlist: Bristol Short Story Prize
• Longlist: Lascaux Short Fiction Contest, 2020
"Brief Notes to My Brother's Other Sisters"
• Honorary Mention/Top Ten: Fish Short Memoir Prize, 2020
• Finalist: Narrative Magazine, Fall Story Contest
"A Bedtime Story From Your Future"
• Runner-up: American Literary Review Creative Writing Awards
• Finalist: StoryQuarterly Nonfiction Contest
• Finalist: Iowa Review Award in Nonfiction
• First Runner-up: Ploughshares Emerging Writer's Contest
“All Through the Dark Night of Your Human Life”
• Finalist: Columbia: A Journal of Literature and Art
• Finalist: Howard Mosher Fiction Prize, Hunger Mountain
• Finalist: Salem College International Literary Awards, Fiction
“All That I Missed”
• First Runner-Up and Editors’ Choice Award: The Missouri Review Audio Competition
"Talking Points for Lot”
• Pushcart Prize Nomination by New Letters
"On the Eve of Departure” SF Chronicle Magazine
• First Place: Women Writers of Kentucky Contest
• Honorable Mention: Moment Short Fiction Contest
• Finalist: Glimmer Train Fiction Open
“Artifacts from the American Century”
• Semi-Finalist: Black River Chapbook Contest
• Finalist: New American Press Chapbook Contest
• Semi-Finalist: Rose Metal Press Chapbook Contest
“The Autobiography of my Celebrity Interview Subject”
• Finalist: Opium Magazine Memoir Contest
“Tell Me Who My Mother Is”
• First Place: City and Regional Magazine Assn.
“To Sit in Judgment”
• First Place: Maggie Award, Western Publishing Assn.
“A Gift From the Sun God”
• Longlist: Carve, Raymond Carver Short Story Award
• Winner: Women Writers of Kentucky Contest
"They Came To Pray"
• Longlist: Bath Flash Fiction Award
"Take Now Thy Son, Thine Only Son"
• Finalist: Short Prose Contest, Quarter After Eight
• Second Place: Moment Magazine Short Fiction Contest
• Shortlist: Fish Flash Fiction Prize
• Finalist: Hayden's Ferry Review Flash Fiction Contest
• Longlist: LitMag's Anton Chekhov Award for Flash Fiction, 2020